If you've been following our progress, you'll know that we've been quietly working since launch to squash bugs, implement improvements, add parts, and get the framework in place so that future updates can be easier (and as a result, more frequent). As a result, we're happy to announce the release of a new site update. Today marks the first in a series of monthly updates in which we'll be building our library of parts and features. This month's update is an accumulation of what we've been working on since launch, and includes over three dozen new parts, several visual improvements, and a variety of bug fixes. Here is a short list of the new user-facing changes you’ll find live on www.heroforge.com:
Hero Forge Update - April 1st Release
• Improved weighting on skirt-like equipment to correct distortion in various poses
• Improved shoulder armor placement and weighting to decrease interpenetration and improve alignment with the pose
• Improved several poses and per-weapon poses to improve compatibility and address some interpenetration issues
• Improved and added several "tucks," causing more long sleeves to properly tuck under gauntlets and avoid interpenetration
• Improved camera positioning
• Removed "Archetype" tab of preconfigured character
• Updated and improved geometry of many weapons and equipment to improve durability in final physical figures
• Updated thumbnails for hair, beards, armor sets, races and genders
• Fixed bug that caused selected pose icon to not highlight
• Fixed bug that caused incorrect parts to be highlighted after loading a congfig
• Added a tails slot to the body tab, along with six tail options
• Updated "half-demon" preconfigs to include tails
• Improved muscularity slider to better display muscles and better match printed figures
• Added six new hair options
• Added five new facial hair options
• Added four new "outfit" preconfigs to the Fantasy genre
• Added three new chest pieces
• Added four new glove options
• Added ten new "back" items, including backpacks, weapons, equipment and new cape options
• Added one new headwear option
• Added two new weapon options
• Clicking "Add to Cart" no longer auto-saves a character in a new slot.
• Added 3D render thumbnails to cart, replacing old generic thumbnails
• Updated FAQ to include several new questions, including a brief discussion on figure scale.
• Randomize between male and female 'blank slate' on load
TIP: If you’re seeing any new issues, it is likely just old cached data not playing nicely with new, and we’d recommend you clear your cache and reload (for example, on Google Chrome, the quick key is ctrl+shift+r).
We're really excited to be starting to address a number of the requests and C&C we've been hearing about from users since we went live. We do receive a lot of excited correspondence from our Kickstarter backers and users at large asking after specific features and parts, and we will continue to listen.
Also a frequently requested feature, you can now choose from an expanded range of equipment to be worn on your hero's back: backpacks, quiver, weapons, and shield, along with new cape options.
We have made several improvements on the order management side as well, building the tools and
workflow that will help us build speed, efficiency, and continue to grow. We have also reduced the average time it takes for an order to be produced and shipped. The average time from order to a custom figure being shipped out has dropped to an average of approximately 2-3 weeks.
In addition to smaller, but more regular updates, we’re continuing work on a lot of the bigger Kickstarter stretch goal features that you helped us unlock. Digital backer rewards are definitely still on the docket, and now that we've about hit our stride and worked out a lot of the kinks, we hope to begin delivering them soon. That’s all for now! Check in next month around this time for more news. And as always, we can't thank you enough for the constant stream of support, requests, bug reports, and recommendations that you've provided. As always, our Facebook page and our Twitter are some of the best places to post your feature and part requests, feedback, and photographs of custom-painted Hero Forge miniatures.